Soda cake is all the rage lately, mostly amoung dieters who use diet soda to make a lower calorie cake. But who says you can’t make your soda cake with regular soda? No one! The flavor combinations are endless- yellow cake mix with rootbeer, chocolate cake mix with orange soda, white cake mix with cream soda…I could keep going. This soda cake also makes a great birthday cake for your soda loving friends. Have a buddy who loves Sprecher’s rootbeer? Bake them a rootbeer cake for their birthday party. Continue reading to see the ridiculously easy soda cake recipe.
Soda Cake Recipe
1 box of cake mix
12oz can/bottle of soda, Recommended: Blumer’s Premium Soda (picture below)
1. Mix these ingredients together to make your cake batter, then bake according to package directions.
2. Top with your favorite store bought icing and sprinkles!
- Use only these ingredients! No oil- just egg, soda, and cake mix.
- For the lighter version, use diet soda and 1 egg white in place of the egg and soda.
- Be aware that white cake mix will be the color of the soda. So if you use a blue soda and white cake mix, your cake will be blue…I’m not generally a fan of blue food but if you are, go for it!
Rootbeer, orange, blueberry cream, black cherry, cream soda, diet root beer… so many options!