I know I’m early but I wanted to remind you that Boss’s Day is October 16. If you like your boss, you should start thinking about getting your boss a card or maybe even a gift. A good boss deserves a card because they at least complete the first two steps of being a good boss.
- Remembering employees’ names, saying hi and making an attempt to get to know everyone.
- Checking in on employees and making sure they have what they need to do their job.
And that’s it! It’s surprising how many bosses don’t even complete the first two steps to earn a card. Now, a few bosses are GREAT bosses, a great boss completes the first two points AND does one or more of the following:
- Gives you regular constructive feedback on your work.
- Makes you feel appreciated.
- Makes you feel like you’re not afraid to make mistakes.
Does your boss make it into the gift category? Great! Here are some fun gift ideas, and there’s even a good chance the boss will share these with the whole office.