I enjoyed a lovely trip out to brunch this weekend at the Bassett Street Brunch Club, and this trendy new spot made me reflect on all of the reasons why I love brunch. Here are the top 7!
- You get to enjoy breakfast foods without waking up early.
- Drinking in the middle of the day is perfectly acceptable and even encouraged.
- Bloody Marys. Confession- I do not like bloody marys but I want to like them so badly. I get jealous when all of my friends have drinks with cheese sticks and bacon and pickles sticking out of them and all I have is a dinky mimosa. I’ve been known to order bloodys and eat all of the toppings out of them and leave the tomato juice. For the best bloody mary mixes and fixens around, check out Wisconsinmade.com.
- Since you’re eating two meals (breakfast AND lunch) you can eat twice as much. And the calories don’t count! Right?! Please tell me there is scientific evidence to back this up.
- Poached eggs! The only time I ever get poached eggs is at brunch because despite my love for cooking I can never get these right!
- BACON! I hope you aren’t thinking “bacon is way over” because I’ll never get tried of bacon. Bacon on the side, bacon in pancakes, bacon on the donuts, bacon in the Bloody Mary, bacon everywhere! For the best bacon around, try some Nueske bacon.
- Giant plates of sweet pancakes or french toast or crepes with whipped cream and chocolate are an acceptable meal! It’s a sweet tooth’s dream come true.
What’s your favorite thing about brunch? What are your favorite places to eat brunch in Wisconsin?