Edible Antics is on tour in Wisconsin posting virtual culinary tour entries from Wisconsin counties in alphabetical order. Scroll down for some of the Wisconsin counties we were touring in previous weeks. The prior counties visited are available in the archived links on the blog. We are finding special Supper Clubs, bakeries, meat markets, breweries, bike trails, wineries, bed and breakfasts, parks, attractions and anything we think visitors might enjoy in each county we visit. We’ll post some background information on each county followed by specific links to our Wisconsinmade.com artisan partners and to our Edible Antics recommendations for each county.
This week we continue our Wisconsin counties virtual culinary tour in Oneida and Outagamie counties looking for edibles and adventures.
36,000 folks live here within the county’s 1,125 square miles. The county seat is Rhinelander. Other communities include:
- Three Lakes
This is the lake country portion of Wisconsin. Boating, fishing and camping are all major draws for visitors to this part of the state. The lodging and supper clubs options are many. Local favorites and new establishments treat visitors to a welcome variety. This beautiful Northwoods section of Wisconsin also offers comfortable rest stops and fine dining.
And… June 4th to June 12th is National Fishing and Boating Week. In Wisconsin June 4 and June 5th were “free fishing” days where you can fish without a Wisconsin fishing license.
Wisconsinmade Artisan partners in Oneida County
- The Guest Cottage publishes and distributes a wide range of titles including children’s books, cookbooks, and books about regional Wisconsin history and interest.
- Original Images Photography brings us beautiful outdoor Wisconsin images.
- Torii’s Adventures is a delightful series of four children’s books about their pet Golden Retrievers, Torii and Marli.
- Willow Creek Press is a publisher of fine quality books and calendars focusing on a variety of topics that relate to dogs and other pets, North American nature and wildlife, gardening, outdoor sports, and cooking, including books of interest to anglers and hunters.
Additional Edible Antics Recommendations
- Lake Tomahawk Meat Market is a full service old fashioned meat market. They offer fresh meats, cured and smoked meats and ground sausages all made on the premises.
- Trigs Smoke House offers award winning smoked meats and sausages
- Jacobi’s in Hazehurst is a hidden Northwoods gem providing that Wisconsin supper club atmosphere.
- Norwood Pines near Minocqua delivers the relaxed elegance of one of Northern Wisconsin’s oldest and finest supper clubs. You may enjoy dining on the newly remodeled screened in porch or a cozy seat next to the fireplace.
- Minocqua Brewing Company has small batch craft beers and food too.
The county is home to 176,700 folks in the Fox River Valley on the 640 square miles with the county seat in Appleton.
Other cities and villages in the county include:
- Little Chute
- Bear Creek
- Combined Locks
Appleton is home to Lawrence University, The paper industry has long been the foundation of industry in Outagamie County. To provide power to the industry, the nation’s first hydro-electric generating station was built on the Fox River and began operation in late 1882.
Appleton also had the first telephone in Wisconsin and the first incandescent light in any city outside of the East Coast.
Supper clubs are also numerous in Outagamie County. We tell you a few of our favorites. Did we miss your favorite? Let us know.
Wisconsinmade Artisan partners in Outagamie County
- Oceans and Dreams present a lithograph of an ocean front reading room on a lazy afternoon.
- Door County Cherryland’s Best offers dried cherries, chocolate dried cherries, cherry berry mix, and other dried fruits in a variety of gift boxes. We use only the finest Door County cherries to deliver that gourmet cherry flavor famous to Door County, Wisconsin.
- Navarino Ranch has Elk and Bison herds that are sources for fine restaurant meats and our sausage offerings.
- Accent Custom Components, Inc. is dedicated to providing quality, craftsmanship and unique designs to the hand-crafted, high quality pizza peels,
- Mike’s Popcorn creates popcorn flavors that are tops in flavor, tops in quality and tops in finger licking, pop-it-in-your-mouth, can’t stop the delicious goodness.
Additional Edible Antics Recommendations
- Haen Meats in Kaukauna offers the finest meat cuts, and a huge selection of cured and smoked meats and sausage products made from their own family recipes.
- Stone Cellar Brew Pub in Appleton offers craft beers, good food all served in an attractive stone cellar.
- Manderfields Home Bakery with three locations to serve you has been a local favorite for 12 years.
- The Lox Club in Combined Locks is a traditional Wisconsin supper club.
- Fratellos’ Riverfront in Appleton offers beautiful views and great food.
So many Wisconsin treasures to enjoy, so little time. Hopefully you find time to try some of our favorites. If we missed one of your favorites, let us know. Join us next week as we continue our tour in Ozaukee and Pepin counties searching for people, places and edibles Made With Pride and Passion in Wisconsin.