I know I’m early but I wanted to remind you that Boss’s Day is October 16. If you like your boss, you should start thinking about getting your boss a card or maybe even a gift. A good boss deserves a card because they at least complete the first two steps of being a good boss.
- Remembering employees’ names, saying hi and making an attempt to get to know everyone.
- Checking in on employees and making sure they have what they need to do their job.
And that’s it! It’s surprising how many bosses don’t even complete the first two steps to earn a card. Now, a few bosses are GREAT bosses, a great boss completes the first two points AND does one or more of the following:
- Gives you regular constructive feedback on your work.
- Makes you feel appreciated.
- Makes you feel like you’re not afraid to make mistakes.
Does your boss make it into the gift category? Great! Here are some fun gift ideas, and there’s even a good chance the boss will share these with the whole office.
1. Kringle– You’ve probably had Danishes in your office, but have you ever had a GIANT Danish?
2. Cheese and Sausage Gift– This isn’t just any cheese and sausage, it’s WISCONSIN cheese and sausage.
3. Cheesecake – This one almost guarantees office sharing, because although we all WANT to eat a whole cheesecake, it is nearly impossible.
4. Coffee – Offices run on coffee and this gift set includes your favorite fall flavors.
5. Cookies– If you don’t have time for homemade, store bought is just as good, you’re a working person, after all!
For more fun Wisconsin gifts for Boss’s Day or any occasion, visit Wisconsinmade.com.